TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Play Pit - Mobile Soft Play
ABN: 66 867 091 212
Terms and Conditions of Hire
· Parking and access to the venue is to be made available for staff to unload, set up or load our equipment. Our staff shall be allowed adequate time to remove the equipment after the hours of agreed operation.
· Payments for bookings require a $100 deposit to secure the booking. The balance must be paid into our nominated bank account prior to delivery or in cash to the Play Pit staff on arrival. The equipment will not be set up until full payment has been received. All payments are non-refundable.
Cancellation terms apply once a booking has been accepted, either verbally or in writing, and take preference over any such terms in client’s standard terms. If the event is cancelled within 14 days of hire, then the deposit will be forfeited.
· The hirer agrees that they shall take full responsibility for any loss/damage of equipment including mats. $100.00 Bond is also payable to the Play Pit staff on arrival. Should any equipment or mats be damaged whilst in the hirer’s possession the $100.00 Bond will be forfeited.
· At least 900mm access width is required to get through doors/gates. Should the venue have any stairs, lift or tight corners, we need to be advised prior as additional labour will need to be charged. This includes steep hills, driveways etc.
· Any access less than 900mm wide will need to be discussed prior to your event so as to prevent any issues with delivery, set up and pick up. If staff have any difficulties they reserve the right to cancel set up on arrival with the full hire fee payable.
· An area of 2 metres (6 feet) around the unit is completely clear.
· Should access through your house be required for set up of our equipment, all care will be taken but we will not be held responsible for any damage.
· The Play Pit reserves the right to not proceed with the setup of equipment if our staff considers the conditions to be unsafe. The full hire fee is still payable.
· The Play Pit reserves the right not to proceed with equipment set up should our staff feel it endangers himself or herself or our equipment. The full hire fee is still payable.
· In the event of unsuitable weather at the time of delivery of the equipment, the full hire fee is still payable.
It is the responsibility of the hirer of the soft play equipment from The Play Pit to ensure that all steps are taken to avoid injury or damage to the equipment.
Please ensure that the following Safety Instructions are followed:
The equipment has a maximum age limit of 5 years old. You must ensure no one over this age uses the equipment. You must also ensure that the equipment is kept in a clean condition. Should any equipment be damaged whilst in the hirer’s possession, the $100.00 bond will be forfeited.
· Ball Pit - please collect the balls prior to pick up. We understand that some may get lost, however if there seems to be a large number (i.e. more than 20) missing then the hirer will be charged for the replacement of such balls at a cost of $15.
· NO food, drinks or chewing gum are allowed on or near the equipment so as to avoid choking and mess. You will be advised that if there is excessive mess on the equipment then an additional cleaning fee of $50 will be charged. Whilst we are happy to perform routine cleaning, additional cleaning takes more time and the hirer will be charged accordingly.
· All shoes, glasses, jewellery, badges MUST be removed before using the equipment.
· DO NOT allow any substances to come into contact with the equipment. This includes face paint, bubbles, liquids, etc.
· NO smoking or animals near the equipment.
· A responsible Adult must supervise the equipment at all times and ensure that it is being used within the parameters explained by one of the The Play Pit staff upon delivery.
· ALWAYS ensure that the ball pit is not overcrowded, and limit numbers according to the age and size of children using it. Try to avoid large and small Children from using it at the same time.
· Please discourage children from running onto the equipment as this poses a potential risk for them to run into each other or to trip on the matting. The Play Pit are NOT to be held liable for any injury incurred whilst using the equipment.
· DO NOT allow the equipment to sit in the sun as it will become hot to touch. Do not allow children to play on hot equipment. You must ensure adequate shade and sun safe measures be taken to minimise the risk of heat related illness and/or sunburn.
· Ensure that children who are presenting signs of illness or infection DO NOT use the equipment as this may encourage the spread of germs.
· DO NOT allow anyone on the equipment until it is completely set up. Whilst being disassembled ensure it is not used as it may be dangerous.
· NO pets, toys or sharp instruments to be allowed on or near the equipment.
· Ensure that children do not wear shoes or have items in their pockets whilst using the equipment.
The hirer releases the Play Pit, its employees and agents from any claim, damage, liability, suit or cause of action arising from the hirer's use of the equipment or any use of the
equipment by any of the hirer's guests. The hirer takes full responsibility for all minors who use the equipment at the venue.
The Play Pit will only operate within accepted standards of Health & Safety and our staff on site reserve the right to refuse to provide services that contravene those standards or the terms of our insurance.